Oct 22 - Oct 29
12:00 pm - 10:00 am
Family Promise of the South Bay is an interfaith network of local congregations working together to support homeless families as they seek employment and housing. Life Covenant Church is part of the network and will be hosting families for one week each quarter.
2017 Hosting Dates:
Life Covenant is hosting March 12-19, July 16-23, and October 22-29
To volunteer during any part of our host week, check out the volunteer sign-up.
To Donate items during the week, check out the donation sign-up.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Guest Room Setup (8 people)
- Assist guests in setting up air mattresses/tents/living areas and making Life feel like home. To be done between 12-2pm on Sunday.
- Meal Provider(s)
- Provide fully cooked meal for up to 14 guests. Serve at 6:30pm. May also be an Evening Host.
- Overnight Hosts (1 male/1 female)
- We require one male and one female to stay overnight at Life Covenant from 8pm to 8am. The hosts are available for any overnight issues and responsible for locking up the church in the morning. (Families are welcome to serve together)
- Evening Host (2 people)
- Provide hospitality, help children with homework, etc.
- Guest Room Tear Down (8 people)
- Assist guests in disassembling living areas and arrange the chairs prior to Life Covenant’s service.
- Thoroughly clean and set up classrooms to be ready for KidLife.
- Breakfast/Lunch Providers
- The guests will prepare their own sack lunches and will take simple breakfast to go in the mornings. We are able to provide healthy items for the guests to enjoy throughout the week. See the sign up list to choose which items you would like to provide.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities (coordinated with the Network Director):
- Wash the linens on Sundays prior to the next congregation’s hosting begins. Deliver to the Day Center or the next host congregation.
- Special Skills/Expertise
- Many members of congregations may have skills or expertise to offer to guests, such as support with resumes, tutoring for children, etc. Offering these skills should be coordinated with the Network Director as part of the larger case management of the guests.
For more information about volunteering and Life’s commitment to the network, talk to Volunteer
Coordinators: Gwen Lo: gwenlo77[at]gmail.com or Courtney D’Amico: courtney.a.damico[at]gmail.com.
For more information about Family Promise of the South Bay, visit www.familypromiseosb.org.